MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

How To's

R75 H/light cleaning

Unread postby slacko » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Saw this elsewhere & thought about all the R75 owners on here, looks the biz. Quixx kit to do headlights, first impressions are very good. Everything needed in one box and plenty enough to do at least 3 cars, maybe 4. Well worth the £9.99 http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... e&_sacat=0

Even my dog is a Rover Rover 45 Connoisseur -Royal Blue 03
slacko
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Borg Warner » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Thanks for this, mine are appalling despite strenuous efforts to clean them, so for that price will give it a go.

Strangely neither the Hippo or the Rav4 suffer the same, despite both having plastic lenses and being older/higher mileages.

Wonder why???

Gary M
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:23 pm

It's a common occurrence in some Mercedes cars too, must be down to the plastic quality
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby slacko » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Borg Warner wrote:Thanks for this, mine are appalling despite strenuous efforts to clean them, so for that price will give it a go.

Strangely neither the Hippo or the Rav4 suffer the same, despite both having plastic lenses and being older/higher mileages.

Wonder why???

Gary M

Probably better quality lenses.
Even my dog is a Rover Rover 45 Connoisseur -Royal Blue 03
slacko
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Stu75 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:28 pm

I did read that you can use Arm and Hammer toothpaste to clean them. Not sure if other toothpastes work but worth a try on a test area first.
[b]If it can't be fixed with gaffer tape and zip ties it's fecked lol [/b]
Stu75
MGR Club Regular

Return to How To's