MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:22 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

How To's

Interior Re-Fitted after Sunroof Drain Tube Leak.

Unread postby Arczion » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:40 am

Sunday the 15th July and one of the sunny days we have had this month and i managed to refit the interior back into Suzie after the sunroof saga i decided to drill a few holes and treatthem before putting the carpet back in i know somewill feel this is a little to much and should not be done but i am in the thinking if it does leak again or it is leaking from somewher i have not relised i would prefer not to have 2" of water under the carpet waiting to do more damage i will also be treating it from under the car once we get the next dry day.

I drilled three small 4mm holes along the floor panel where the water holds the most treated with rust inhabitor then WD40 finaly copper grease spray. Fig 1
Image1

Two more where the bings are under the seat which also is one of the lower points of collection Fig 2
Image2

Treated and greased Fig 3
Image3

Also in the rear footwell which fills up from the front due to the design of the floor pan Fig 4
Image4

Carpet back in place nice and dry after 10 days Fig 5
Image5

Console refitted and heating checked along with radio etc for working Fig 6
Image6

Seats bolted back in and wiring pluged in checked for working shes looking nice again after having a very good clean as well Fig 7-8
Image7

Image8

Took her for a drive and she smells lovely again no musty smell am hoping it is all solved now Monday 16th its poured down again all day i ahve not been out to check the car yet but will do some time today the 17th i will even lift the carpet at the front foot wells to see if nay sign but once i have fixed the pipe connectors it rained more or less every day while the carpet was out drying and no signs of water then so fingers crossed i note Dominic as had his carpet propped up and is in the process of fitting the connectors in the mean time he put the end of the sunroof tube in a plastic bottle and over a 5 hour period of rain some of it drizzle he collected two liters of water just goes to show how much water comes down the sunroof tubes good luck to those who have yet to do this mod i hope you catch it before its got to the stage that mine did Arczion.

PS You do not have to drill holes in your floor pan this was my choice if you do make sure the holes are treated with rust inhibitant of your choice and also use under seal around the drill from under the care after
Arczion
everything is achieveable in life.
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
Arczion
MGR Club Regular

Return to How To's