MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Regional Forums (Sponsored by Peter Best Insurance)

Swindon Meet - Sunday 15th September

In this section members can arrange meet up's, Mini meets, over the next few days, this section will expand, so if you area is not in here yet, simply be patient, i will organize it in to general area's

Unread postby GJBridge » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Swindon Meet – Sunday 15th September – Lydiard Park, Swindon.

All arranged that we can have a meet at Lydiard Park on the western outskirts of Swindon on the above date. It has very easy access from M4 J16, and from A419/A417/M5 for anyone coming Gloucestershire/Worcestershire – Swindon is also easy from Oxford direction by A420.
A private parking zone is arranged, so that we can all park together.
On site there are toilet facilities, a café and a tearoom. There is an historic house/museum, Walled Garden and private church, for those who want ‘something else’ as well a very well equipped playground for those with small children & an aerial treetop adventure style one for older ones.
On the day in question entry to museum and church are free.

Entry will be at the Hook Street entrance, turning immediately left, once through entrance gates into a grass field used for parking – directions on the attached link - http://www.lydiardpark.org.uk/lydiard/l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... htm#findus (gives Sat Nav code to Hook Street entrance).

General information about Lydiard Park - http://www.lydiardpark.org.uk/lydiard/l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... unds-2.htm

Heritage Open Weekend
Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September, 11am to 5pm
Free entry to the State Rooms of Lydiard House and the Walled Garden all day as part of the national celebrate of our heritage. St Mary's Church and the famous St John triptych along with the unique Ice House will also be open to the public.

DOGS - Dogs are allowed in the grounds, but must be kept under control by their owners at all times. Dogs are not allowed inside the Cafe or Tea Rooms, Lydiard House & Walled Garden, Children's Play Ground or the sports / playing field. I may well have my ‘Mini Beasts’ with me!! There is a large acreage available to exercise dogs if you wish to bring them.

I’ve given rough timings as arrival from 10:30 and departure from 14:30, and provisionally arranged ‘Parking Zone’ for 10 cars – if more wish to come I need to advise about a week beforehand.

As I live about 25 minutes away, I’ll endeavour to be there from about 10:15.

Please let me know if you are going to come, and feel free to advertise this meet wherever you feel appropriate.
Any advice etc on anything else I need to organise (can’t do weather – sorry), very welcome.
Many Thanks,

Guy
GJBridge
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:16 am

sounds like it will be a great day, I appreciate you letting our members know, sadly it's too far for me!!
so would any of our members like to go?????
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby GJBridge » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks, Mick.

Would like to add that we will have T4 on site, courtesy of Wyn (Eurorover).

Hope some can come along.
GJBridge
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:07 pm

GJBridge wrote:Thanks, Mick.

Would like to add that we will have T4 on site, courtesy of Wyn (Eurorover).

Hope some can come along.

thats just a reason to go on it's own, for the t4 lol
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Return to Regional Forums (Sponsored by Peter Best Insurance)