MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:51 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Other British car manufacturers

Unknown British manufacturers

This section is for any other British derivative, IE British Leyland, Austin, Morris ETC,

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:39 pm

While people know the big British manufacturers of old, what is often forgotten is that in the earliest years of car production there were hundreds of small manufacturers who built cars locally.

The Huddersfield connection to Aston Martin is pretty well known bit that was a simple acquisition and later sale by Huddersfield manufacturer David Brown, but the Huddersfield area also had its own car manufacturer (as did many towns and cities of the era).

The company L.S.D. was named after the surnames of the designer, builder and the company accountant Sykes and Dyson) and was based in Mirfield from 1919 to 1926 and built mainly 3 wheeler vehicles. Built to order, they were finely crafted and today considered among th rarest cars in the world. One of these cars is in our local museum in Ravensknowle Park and is in pretty good condition.

It also brings a whole new meaning to going on an LSD trip

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby COLVERT » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 pm

And there's me thinking that this below is all there was----------live and learn. Lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Unread postby Borg Warner » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Must admit not heard of them before. So how many can we name that are no longer with us?

Here's a starter or two...

Lanchester
Standard
Gilbern

no cheating guys

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner

Unread postby Michael » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Would you allow me to add that to the car section of my website PastReunited.com
Michael

Unread postby Mal7921 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Michael wrote:Would you allow me to add that to the car section of my website PastReunited.com

I don't see why not, it is listed on a few other sites and is on public display in our local museum.
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby Michael » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:39 am

Added that article and tried to find out more, seems there is not much else about these cars ... unless someone knows better? ;-)
Michael

Return to Other British car manufacturers