MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MG Rover V8 section

Blue Thunder

All thing V8 here

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:49 am

"Blue Thunder" is no. 155 of 833 built. Mirage Blue. One of the last MK1's. A joy to own and drive. But alas I enjoy my 1.8t+ more so the V8 will be sold after the show at the NEC where "Blue Thunder" can be found on the MGZT Rover 75 OC stand. Currently on 42,000 but will rise before sale.
Frozen Fred

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Frozen Fred wrote:"Blue Thunder" is no. 155 of 833 built. Mirage Blue. One of the last MK1's. A joy to own and drive. But alas I enjoy my 1.8t+ more so the V8 will be sold after the show at the NEC where "Blue Thunder" can be found on the MGZT Rover 75 OC stand. Currently on 42,000 but will rise before sale.

Dont forget some pics on the MGZT Rover 75 OC stand buddy
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby BIG LEK » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Hiya mate it will be sad to see thunder go, but thanks again for the ride out in blue thunder, you and blue made a petrol head very happy thanks mate ;) :D :D :D
(I wish I could fly) membership no-265
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Well "Blue Thunder" had a nice ride out in the rain today. Halfway House meet then onto a pub in Ponders End, Enfield. Nice lunch. Thunder shared the car park with a very nice Le Mans Green 1.8 ZT. Then home in the rain, other than the Pratt in the (hehethwump) Range Rover Sport who tail gated me on the A406, and when he undertook me he then turned off. It was a very enjoyable day. I'm going to miss this car but needs must.
Frozen Fred

Unread postby willyheckaslike » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 am

Sadly your experience with the Range Rover is typical Chelsea Tractor syndrome, Fred, and it seems to affect men and women alike. Get orf my road! (mad)
willyheckaslike
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:38 am

WillyHeckaslike wrote:Sadly your experience with the Range Rover is typical Chelsea Tractor syndrome, Fred, and it seems to affect men and women alike. Get orf my road! (mad)

I have nothing to prove with the 260, it's fast, and fast when I want it to be. The madness continues. A young lad and his 4 mates crammed into a Vauxhall Corsa, lowered and large exhaust, asked me if I fancied a race away from the lights. I declined. The lights went green and he floored it, (oops) took me all of 4 yards to cruise past him.
Frozen Fred

Unread postby BIG LEK » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 am

Frozen Fred wrote:
WillyHeckaslike wrote:Sadly your experience with the Range Rover is typical Chelsea Tractor syndrome, Fred, and it seems to affect men and women alike. Get orf my road! (mad)

I have nothing to prove with the 260, it's fast, and fast when I want it to be. The madness continues. A young lad and his 4 mates crammed into a Vauxhall Corsa, lowered and large exhaust, asked me if I fancied a race away from the lights. I declined. The lights went green and he floored it, (oops) took me all of 4 yards to cruise past him.

LOL Bob,I'm guessing thats how long it took you to re-start your car after you stopped laughing then cruised past them ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:10 pm

"Blue Thunder" will be put up For Sale on Wednesday of this week. The ad will be on the MGZT Rover 75 OC site.
Frozen Fred

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Blue Thunder is now up For Sale. 2 ads running, 1 on the MGZT Rover 75 OC site and t'other on the 260's site. In no hurry to sell. Don't go then I'll keep her. Want to get Banana finally sorted out.
Frozen Fred

Unread postby kfieldin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 am

I've never understood these boy racer types in cars that are loud ONLY. When I had be Ducati 999 I was amazed at how many would stop at lights or a roundabout revving thier engines - like they are going to out drag me.... 0-60 in under 3 seconds - not even changed gear yet.... Top speed of 170mph+ Mind you the little devil in me did raise his head once in a while :twisted: Loved the look on their faces as I spun up the rear wheel and with it still spinning I easily out drag them :lol:

BIG LEK wrote:
Frozen Fred wrote:

LOL Bob,I'm guessing thats how long it took you to re-start your car after you stopped laughing then cruised past them ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kfieldin

Unread postby trikey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Torque... The key is torque :)
ZT 260 SE #45
trikey
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:19 am

Blue Thunder has been withdrawn from being For Sale. I have a technical issue with the car. Was "sold" but now will be re-posted owing to me being too honest.
They say honestly is the best policy. I told the buyer what had happened and all hell broke loose. Needless to say that is why the car will be put up for sale again next week.
Mike Stafford, MJS, has the car in his workshop to sort the car out.
Frozen Fred

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Got my new wheels. Baby Blue Thunder is here. Wish I could post a picture. But system will not let me.
Wear your poppy with pride all the year round not just in November.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 am

Hope to hear from Mike about Thunder. Banana has a problem as well. But courtesy car running sweet.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby willyheckaslike » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Blimey! Your luck must be due a change for the better sometime soon, Fred. :shock:
willyheckaslike
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Well if I'm getting the bad luck it must mean someone is getting the good luck.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 am

[quote="Frozen Fred"]Well if I'm getting the bad luck it must mean someone is getting the good luck.[/quote

Well, it ain't me Fred..... :? :lol:
Poppy

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Gasket set has arrived but now we need a pulley extractor. One on order but will not be at the garage till Friday. Hoping to get Thunder back early next week.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Frozen Fred wrote:Gasket set has arrived but now we need a pulley extractor. One on order but will not be at the garage till Friday. Hoping to get Thunder back early next week.

(clap) (clap) (clap) (mexican wave) (party)
Poppy

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am

Went down to the garage yesterday, Banana is missing her mate, and found Thunder is on the mend. Hopefully back with me next week.
I cannot sing the praises of Mike Stafford enough.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby BIG LEK » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Frozen Fred wrote:Went down to the garage yesterday, Banana is missing her mate, and found Thunder is on the mend. Hopefully back with me next week.

Good to hear thunder is on the mend mate ;)
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:47 pm

BIG LEK wrote:
Frozen Fred wrote:Went down to the garage yesterday, Banana is missing her mate, and found Thunder is on the mend. Hopefully back with me next week.

Good to hear thunder is on the mend mate ;)

(i agree) (cheers) (clap) (cool) (cool) (party) (mgrclub)
Poppy

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:21 pm

I have now got Blue Thunder back. Well pleased with the work carried out by Mike Stafford. And the price was very reasonable.
Car will be put back up for sale after Christmas.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 am

Well I can safely say, Blue Thunder is back to her old self. Nice blast up the M11 today. Surprised a couple of Audi's and left a dreamer in a Beemer standing. Be sorry to see her go but needs must. (mexican wave)
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Frozen Fred wrote:Well I can safely say, Blue Thunder is back to her old self. Nice blast up the M11 today. Surprised a couple of Audi's and left a dreamer in a Beemer standing. Be sorry to see her go but needs must. (mexican wave)

i bet thats a great feeling blowing off some lower high powered cars :lol: :lol:
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 pm

[/color]
Mick. wrote:
Frozen Fred wrote:Well I can safely say, Blue Thunder is back to her old self. Nice blast up the M11 today. Surprised a couple of Audi's and left a dreamer in a Beemer standing. Be sorry to see her go but needs must. (mexican wave)

i bet thats a great feeling blowing off some lower high powered cars :lol: :lol:

Great feeling---------------------

I know it very well and have yet to find ANY car that can out accelerate my BIKE. (hehethwump) Take that you sports car and that--- (hehethwump)
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby MrDoodles » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 pm

COLVERT wrote:[/color]
Mick. wrote:

Great feeling---------------------

I know it very well and have yet to find ANY car that can out accelerate my BIKE. (hehethwump) Take that you sports car and that--- (hehethwump)

Would have to concur! ;)

One of my old Bikes used to 0-100 mph in 5.5 seconds! :o

Free vehicle valuations available to Club Members by PM!
MrDoodles
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:48 pm

you cant compare bikes to cars, it's not the same, a bike will beat a car any day, so thats a no brainer, When i was a wipper snapper, i was going to manchester with a mate and his old man, he had a Rover P6 which was a 3 litre, a guy in a 3 series BMW pulled up at the lights and revved up and away he went, like a bat out of hell, burned the Rover off, my mate dad didnt take too kindley to that, at the next light's (i will always remember this), he wound his window down and said to the guy in his broad cockney accent "awight treacle", the beeamer guy replied, "not fast enough old man", with that, My mated dad, smirked and winked at the beamer guy and away he went, like a bat riding a bat out of hell, jesus that car shifted, the beemer never stood a chance, when we pulled up, the beemer guy said to him, fair play mate, couldnt keep up, what ya got under the bonnet, at that my mates dad smirked, winks and sped off shouting, take a look at my arse and you will see what on the boot :lol: :lol:
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Return to MG Rover V8 section