MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MG Rover V8 section

Before the Mustang V8 Rovers and MG's there was the Rover V8

All thing V8 here

Unread postby Mal7921 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:27 pm

While the V8 75's and ZT's may well be a desirable lot, lets not forget the V8 that graced the earlier Rover (And occasional MG) cars, the Buick designed (And disposed of because the Americans despised anything that was not heavy cast iron) V8 that graced many Police cars up to the late 80's.

Here is the engine in 3.9 liter twim plentum form

SD1TPVitesse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby Tourerfogey » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Got one of them (in in 3.5 form) in my Humber Sceptre Project car :D
(if I ever get around to finishing it . . . .)
It's a K Series . . . . keep topping it up . . . . it'll be fine . . . . . .
Tourerfogey

Unread postby Borg Warner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Quite possibly THE best engine to grace either a Rover, MG, Land Rover or any of their associates. Used in the MGB and there are many, many conversions and also in the RV8, Sherpas, Range Rovers the list is almost endless. Made the Rover P5B the car it should have been, as well all of the following proper Rovers, P6 and SD1. Crackin' engine.

I seem to recall they are still being made somewhere in the south West?

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner

Return to MG Rover V8 section