MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:18 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MG Rover V8 section

Exhaust

All thing V8 here

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 pm

The exhaust on Blue Thunder was rattling against the heat shield on the near side plus for some reason the pipes stuck out on the same side. MJS had a look a little while ago and pushed the pipe back a shade.

But it started to rattle again. So I asked on the 260's who to take it to.

Was told Pipecraft in Basildon. Phoned up and took the car down there this afternoon. Dean, the man in charge, put the car up on the ramp. Removed the near side silencer and ground a bit off of the pipe, towards the engine. He then took an electric hacksaw to the pipe by the rear axle. Took a piece off. Fitted a new clamp. Put it all back together. Pipes now line up with the others on the other side. No longer stick out.

Was down there for over an hour and the charge. £20.

Now that's what I call service. (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)
Wear your poppy with pride all the year round not just in November.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby willyheckaslike » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Not only a great price but someone whom it would seem has an interest in doing the best job possible. (clap) :D
willyheckaslike
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 pm

£20............ :shock: I was charged the other week £35 to have the small front flexi pipe fitted to mine......And it blew when I got it back so took it back again.....Only to find it started blowing again so now I am getting the garage where my car is at the moment to fix it for me......£20........eek. That is a BARGAIN.....
Poppy

Unread postby Michael » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 am

You got an address for this guy, at some point I want to upgrade my exhaust (shrug)
Michael
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Frozen Fred » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Michael wrote:You got an address for this guy, at some point I want to upgrade my exhaust (shrug)

Pipecraft ----- 23, Orion Court, Cranes Farm Road, Basildon Essex. SS14 3DB
Phone Dean on 01268 285535.
Wear your poppy with pride all the year round not just in November.
Membership No. 431
Frozen Fred
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Michael » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:09 am

Bless you mate I am up that way, well Suffolk for a week next weekend so shall make a small detour thanks. (clap)
Michael
Subscribed Member

Return to MG Rover V8 section