MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:49 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Friends of the Club

The Metro Owners Club

In this section you will find links to friends of the club and sponsors links

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:48 pm

The Austin miniMetro was launched on the 8th October 1980, as a 'British car to beat the world' and by the time production ceased in 1997 there were over 2 million cars made. Today there are probably less than 1% of these cars surviving and a Forum was formed in January 2008 by a group of enthusiasts, with a fully constituted Owners Club following in January 2009.
Our aim is to encourage preservation with a club where members can source advice relating to repairs and spare parts. We also maintain a presence through national events, at which club members can attend to show their cars and thereby promote awareness of the significance of the Metro historically. Joining our Forum is free and, should you then choose to join the Owners Club, the subscription is only £10 per year.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Sad fact is many of these cars died from subframe rot, poor bodywork protection and the scrappage scheme. I loved my little metro and even gave it an MG Metro dashboard.

Great to see an owners club as this car really needs people to save it from motoring extinction. Where I live, I know of one metro in our area and were one of the biggest towns in the country!
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Mal7921 wrote:Sad fact is many of these cars died from subframe rot, poor bodywork protection and the scrappage scheme. I loved my little metro and even gave it an MG Metro dashboard.

Great to see an owners club as this car really needs people to save it from motoring extinction. Where I live, I know of one metro in our area and were one of the biggest in the country!

we have some guys from the MOC coming on the 12th oct
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Wullie480 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I've not seen one of these for years they used to quite a few around here.
As already said most will have rotted away.
However good on these guys for keeping some on the road.
Made in Scotland from Girders ><

Cars: 2 x MG ZT CDTi's

MOT & Tax check https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

MG Rover build info: http://mg-rover.info/get_info.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Report potholes,lightening faults etc - http://www.fixmystreet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wullie480
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Mal7921 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Last time I looked on the how many left website, there were around 100 MG Metro's left in existence, such a shame.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Many good cars went the way of the metro before 1980 as previously there was very poor body protection on just about every car on the road.

I owned several where on a trip you could look down and watch the road passing beneath your feet. (clap)

Colvert.
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Unread postby Procta » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:37 pm

I am on the metro owners club, and they are a great bunch of people! Some good restoration projects and time warp examples on there!
Well worth signing up, to have a look about and go back in time!
One lad had a cracking White mk1 turbo on there, been in a heated garage all its life! looked like it came out from the dealers yesterday!
Procta
MGR Club Regular

Return to Friends of the Club