MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Vintage MG

A superb MG B we just had to film

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:53 pm

It's not often you see an MG B in almost immaculate condition for sale where I live, so to stumble upon this one quite literally before it was going to be shipped out of the country was good timing to say the least. The company owner allowed us to film it before it went abroad (Literally the day before I flew out) so filming was tight.

The film can be viewed by clicking here
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby COLVERT » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Very interesting Mal.

You know it's strange how people of different ages and from different times look at cars like this.

In the early 70's friends and I were into sports cars and ran a variety of them.
However we tended to look down on the MGB owners who called their cars SPORTS car but had nothing sporting about them except maybe the soft top which leaked all over you when it rained.-- :lol:

I even had the same engine as the MGB in my old Austin J4 van.-- ;-) Wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.
We ran about in cars with engines from 3 litres upwards.

I had an E-Type jag which did have quite sporting performance in its day.--( 268 bhp. )

PS----- I've posted a pic of it below. ( Plus a pic of my very first car. 1937 Fiat 500. )

PPS.----I did also have one of those LITTLE cars you can see in the showroom in front of the MGB.--( 18 bhp wringing wet. Lol. )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Some nice cars there Colvert, mind you I can remember when you couldn't give either an e-type or an MG B away and these days they are both sought after (Though the e-type is the more desirable of the two).

I may get the opportunity to film the 500 , though I did see a couple of the type you have pictured out in Portugal, along with some old Citroen's and the occasional Rover, all without a spot of rust. Mind you, I had to concentrate on the two cars we were filming out there and couldn't bet the time to film the many true classics out there.

Having said that, if you think the MG B film was interesting, you should see the SD1 film lined up in the next week or so (Or in part of OverDrive episode 3)
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

great film Mal
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Cheers Mick :)

But...

Just wait for the SD1...