MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MG Metro

My 1983 MK1 MG metro....

Unread postby Neallew » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 pm

So Purchased a 112k mile MG metro - bodywork has been welded and sprayed previously and interior is in good shape..
rear brake cylinders were leaking and the elderly previous owner didnt have records of when he'd done oil changes etc in his approx 4 years of low mileage ownership.
So job 1 was to change the clean oil on pickup - turned maple coloured by a 4hr drive to its new home, and filter. Some metal on drain plug nothing big...
put correct pressure in all the newly fitted tyres will need to check these see if they are holding pressure or not
Job 2 - spent a day under back of the car changing wheel cylinders ( both were leaking one worse than the other ) and shoes followed by brake fluid change/flush bleed. Then inspected under car - 2 very small areas need underseal attending to otherwise all is good. Greased rear suspension - next job grease front suspension and road test the brakes.... then get suspension pumped up....

My plan is to work my way thru the haynes manual servicing as time and money allow so i know what state the car is in. It drove well on my blind pickup trip, bar suspension a bit lumpy ( well it is low on gas ) and drivers seat needs attention to cure num bum....and a new stereo needs fitting... then i intend to fit some headlamp relays before wiring in the fitted hella front driving lamp grill ( previous owner left unwired) . all hopefully in time to get to some local car shows with our families MGB or on its own with the wife and 3yr old son on trips... The side decals are not original so i wouldnt mind correcting them but they are pricey... Any helpful tips appreciated
Neallew
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby COLVERT » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Do you have any pics of it that we can see ???
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Return to MG Metro