MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MGZR

New member of the family

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed May 09, 2018 6:48 pm

I was mooching face book market place last friday when i came upon a sad little MGZR on sale for £100.
No MOT and suffering from HGF.after a few inquiries, i opted to view it with 3 motives,
1. to repair it
2. to get proficient in the engine dismantling etc as its same engine as my 75 but a 1.4 not a 1.8, but theretically its the same.
3. if its is fixable, give it to my son for hi first car

so went to take a look and all looked ok, p[passenger door didnt open from out side or in, the HGF was evident via the mayo, tyres are new, body shell looked solid, no rot or grazes. charged the battery up enough to see if engine had seized and luckily its ok.

So we agreed a price of £80
Had it transported the huge distance of 2 miles to my garage, where it now sits awaiting repair.

the car is a nice little motor
something for the summer sir...i dont mind if i do!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby xanadu » Wed May 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Looks to be nice, love the trophy blue, shame it has red matrix seats. Find some others lol
xanadu

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:58 pm

yeah i am looking to place matching seats in
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Return to MGZR