MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MGZR

ZR 160 - SRS Warning Light on - MOT due !!

Unread postby mg_nutter » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi

New to the forum, still finding my way around, but have a problem... SRS warning light stayed on this morning when I started the car. Is there any testing I can do to determine what needs changing out? What next steps apart from finding a good indie in NW Kent (If anyone knows one)

Thanks for reading this

Simon
mg_nutter
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby Borg Warner » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:43 pm

mg_nutter wrote:Hi

New to the forum, still finding my way around, but have a problem... SRS warning light stayed on this morning when I started the car. Is there any testing I can do to determine what needs changing out? What next steps apart from finding a good indie in NW Kent (If anyone knows one)

Thanks for reading this

Simon

Not sure but is there a connector under the seat which may need to be unpluged and plugged back a few times same as the 75/ZT

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:50 pm

Could you say what you mean by SRS please ??
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Unread postby Mal7921 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:15 am

Chances are it is the connector under the seat as mentioned, also if you left the car parked with steering on full lock, that can also trigger it.

Before playing with under seat connectors of ANY SRS related stuff, ALWAYS disconnect the battery and leave for 30 minutes before unplugging anything.
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Return to MGZR