MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MGZT

Fuel Consumption

Unread postby Borg Warner » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:25 am

Now I'm very particular about detailing the cost of running my cars, well the Hippo and ZT at least. Have very detailed running cost of them both since buying them, from a light bulb to new belts, including how much fuel they have used, cost per gallon and cost per fill up. Always brim - brim.

With regards to the ZT I have seen a marked improvement in fuel consumption. This time last year I was getting 27/gal on average, I'm now getting 36/gal on average. It's been getting better since August. I have not changed my driving style, my route into work nor my times. The car is dealer serviced by an MG garage to MGR specification (so they tell me) on a time basis as I don't do the miles.

So why is it doing more now than it was last year. Considerably more. 37% more!!!

Eat your heart out oil burners :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Michael » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:21 pm

It's getting older so wants to impress the world and you,and to save it's self from the knackers yard (shrug)
Have a trip down memory lane at my website.
PastReunited.com
Rover 75 a touch of class for a classy car.
Michael
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:11 pm

onnly just getting run in
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Borg Warner » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Think I'll be at the knacker's yard before my car. :lol: :lol:

Can only put it down to no short journeys. Either that or my maths in the spread sheet is knackered :D :D

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Borg Warner » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:06 am

Borg Warner wrote:Now I'm very particular about detailing the cost of running my cars, well the Hippo and ZT at least. Have very detailed running cost of them both since buying them, from a light bulb to new belts, including how much fuel they have used, cost per gallon and cost per fill up. Always brim - brim.

With regards to the ZT I have seen a marked improvement in fuel consumption. This time last year I was getting 27/gal on average, I'm now getting 36/gal on average. It's been getting better since August. I have not changed my driving style, my route into work nor my times. The car is dealer serviced by an MG garage to MGR specification (so they tell me) on a time basis as I don't do the miles.

So why is it doing more now than it was last year. Considerably more. 37% more!!!

[standard smileys/smiley-signs139

I'm saying no more (getmecoat) (getmecoat) (getmecoat)

Gary M.
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Ztez63 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:36 pm

I am getting 27 ish out of my 160 and that's mostly sitting in traffic so not too bad really I suppose, and getting approx. 35ish on a run. I do have a heavy right foot too lol
Ztez63
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 am

I get about 31 from my 1.8 none turbo, not bad for a car that has done nearly 157k
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby MrDoodles » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 pm

I've recently replaced a dead Power VIS motor on Ed (a ZT 190) and the fuel consumption has gone up (down) from 28 mpg to 34 mpg, so on a V6, always make sure that both the VIS motors are working, as it makes a massive difference to both the performance and economy! ;-)
MrDoodles
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby COLVERT » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:16 am

Borg Warner wrote:
Borg Warner wrote:Now I'm very particular about detailing the cost of running my cars, well the Hippo and ZT at least. Have very detailed running cost of them both since buying them, from a light bulb to new belts, including how much fuel they have used, cost per gallon and cost per fill up. Always brim - brim.

[standard smileys/smiley-signs139

I'm saying no more (getmecoat) (getmecoat) (getmecoat)

Gary M.

Been nearly THREE years since this post.------- :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time to own up I reckon Gary.------ (bad PC)
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Return to MGZT