MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:29 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MG Forums

MG Owners Club

Here you will find MG model specific forums

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:54 pm

Hello google, and welcome to the MG owners club (mgrclub) (mgrclub)
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Borg Warner » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Oh interesting has the MGOC joined?

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Borg Warner wrote:Oh interesting has the MGOC joined?

Gary M.

we have seo tools and they get us in google, so with any luck if some one searches mg owners club etc, it should be picked up by google
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:14 pm

I keep running the seo tools every week or so, this will be an additional boost though :-)
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Mal7921 wrote:I keep running the seo tools every week or so, this will be an additional boost though :-)

lol just done them myself, you know what i'm like, a gold fish has better memory than I
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby COLVERT » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Mr Goldfish. Will you tell me what SEO tools are ???--- ;-)
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Blue Club 45 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:42 pm

For anyone who hasn't been there the MGOC is a terrific club. I confess as a ZR owner I did feel a bit second class with some of the "Real MG owners" who seem to forget that MG stands for "Morris Garages" and the Brand started life by modifying "Morris" cars!

I went to some local events but without a "Clorth Kep" to keep my brain warm (Didn't need it! I had a Proper roof and a warm heater!) and felt uncomfortable. Never with the club though! I suppose its all a matter of perspective!

Their Technical Man is unbelievable! I swear he knows things MG didn't know! (Many Thanks Sir!).

On the down side, it's a "Subscription" membership.
Keep The Faith
Blue Club 45
Tech Team

Unread postby Borg Warner » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Blue Club 45 wrote:For anyone who hasn't been there the MGOC is a terrific club. I confess as a ZR owner I did feel a bit second class with some of the "Real MG owners" who seem to forget that MG stands for "Morris Garages" and the Brand started life by modifying "Morris" cars!

I went to some local events but without a "Clorth Kep" to keep my brain warm (Didn't need it! I had a Proper roof and a warm heater!) and felt uncomfortable. Never with the club though! I suppose its all a matter of perspective!

Their Technical Man is unbelievable! I swear he knows things MG didn't know! (Many Thanks Sir!).

On the down side, it's a "Subscription" membership.

I'm in the MGOC too, very handy for the B. Their tech department are so knowledgeable about all things MG, but sadly mostly the classics. I wish they would cover the modern ones more, they really are the only ones who would have the clout to get parts re-made and in stock. Think they are missing a very good marketing opportunity myself.

Tell you what Dave if they have one our way you can have a run out with me in my B.

Gary M.

PS According to Cecil Kimber's daughter, Jean Cook, in the book MG Log, CK was adamant that MG stood for itself.

PPS Saw Kev Saturday night on shift, think he's forgotten how to use the de-fib machine. It's still in the dispatcher's office though.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Tourerfogey » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Cecil Kimber was also quite insistant that when M.G. was quoted outside the Octagon badge that it should indeed be M.G. (with dots) rather than MG (without dots) !

He is also on record as saying that whilst M.G. doesn't actually stand for 'Morris Garages' the letters 'M' and 'G' were chosen because they were the first letters of the words 'Morris' and 'Garages' - a subtle distinction and the root of all the confusion.

I will now remove my anorak and return to, what for me passes as, normal :D
It's a K Series . . . . keep topping it up . . . . it'll be fine . . . . . .
Tourerfogey
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Tourerfogey wrote:I will now remove my anorak and return to, what for me passes as, normal :D

I have those Bus pictures for you mate (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Tourerfogey » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Shhhhhh - you promised you wouldn't say anything . . . . . .
It's a K Series . . . . keep topping it up . . . . it'll be fine . . . . . .
Tourerfogey
Subscribed Member

Return to MG Forums