MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Rover 25 / 200 / 214

Locking Wheel Nut Removal

Unread postby Jamesgreen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi, was wondering if i could get some advice.
My rover 25 has those useless locking wheel nuts on it and someone in the past has over tightened them. Anyway i went to change my brakes today and the key has snapped clean off inside the pattern when i tried to remove them! (waaaaaah)

Does anyone know how i can remove these?
My local garage tried but was unable to take them off.
Jamesgreen
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:49 pm

best place i could suggest is a scrap yard, my local one has lots of spare keys for these.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Jamesgreen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi, i managed to get this finally sorted. After trying everything i could i eventually found this company online http://www.lockingwheelnutremovers.co.uk he came out to me and removed my locking wheel nuts in about 15 minutes. He said they were done up extremely tight! And he had to use what looked like a scaffolding pole on his breaker bar to be able to break them loose. He said it was probably caused by a garage using an air impact gun to tighten them, so just a warning to all, don't let any garage tighten your locking wheel nuts up with an air gun.
Anyway, huge problem finally solved! Thanks for your reply.
Jamesgreen
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Michael » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Michael

Return to Rover 25 / 200 / 214