MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:56 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Rover 45 / 400 / 414

Fue Gauge on a 45

Unread postby Worthington45 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi all,
After a little assistance if anyone can advise !
I've just purchased a near immaculate little 45 Impression. I note that it states in the handbook that the fuel gauge doesn't 'zero' when the ignition is turned off ..... That's fine, but I have what may seem an inane query.. !
In' car, (white dials), the fuel gauge appears to work on an 'anti-clockwise' basis...ie, the empty/full readings are at roughly '7 o clock and 11 o clock' and the pointer sweeps through 1-3-5 o clock, rather than to the left side of the dial !...The pointer on the dial is currently showing at 11 o clock, (top of dial), with a red line at '7 o clock'....previous owner suggested that tank may be nearly empty, but my logic says it's about full....Obviously I'll take it to the filling station to check but, I have two questions:
1): Can't find any internet images of a fuel gauge that's 'anti clock......is mine a rare bird?' and 2): Are the ZS/45 gauges reliable, considering that they don't naturally 'zero' themselves!
Worthington45
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby COLVERT » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:37 pm

After you've filled the tank let us know where pointer ends up.

It almost seems from what you say that the pointer has moved around the spindle it's fitted on.

If it has, and once the tank is filled, you might be able to re-position it to the 11 o'clock full position.
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Return to Rover 45 / 400 / 414