MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Rover 75

Unknown duct and bolts

Unread postby Dorchester » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Regarding my bonnet opening problems, they are solved, by the common trick. But what a pain!
Thanks a lot to @Colvert and his invaluable and priceless help which got me out of my despair.

Here are some more questions about my V6 2.5 X plate (1999).

1. What is the big hose or rather duct, approx. diameter 2 inches or a little more, freely sucking the air just at the back of the right front light (at least on LHD cars like mine)?

It seems made of a kind of reinforced and flexible canvas, and not at all rubber. Mine is completely worn out and probably sucking more engine flavour than outside air, hence a very little petrol smell inside the cabin. Shame!

I am at a loss to find it out either in Haynes manual or at Rimmer's.

I made an appointment with the mechanic, but I need to supply him with that stuff to be changed.

2. My V6 plastic engine cover need the 2 long bolts (or screws?) to be fitted on. The seller never knew them.
Same question : what could be their precise reference? I had a close look at Rimmer's, but I'm unsure to have found the right ones and obviously I don't want to order the wrong ones.

Pointing me to the right links would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Dorchester
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Dorchester » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:26 pm

I've found out the air intake duct and the screws. I ordered the screws at Rimmer's but no luck for the duct, they haven't any more that stuff.
Dorchester
Subscribed Member

Unread postby COLVERT » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Dorchester wrote:I've found out the air intake duct and the screws. I ordered the screws at Rimmer's but no luck for the duct, they haven't any more that stuff.

New ducts from----Julian@jmacars.co.uk.

Tel---01492-535020.

(mgrclub) (mgrclub)

PS. It is essential to have this duct. Your car will run much better with it. It takes the turbo boost to the engine.
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Dorchester » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm convinced but where on earth should I find it? That's the one billion question.
I've found one on the bay, it is given for a V6 2.5, but it's not at all the same as mine. The one on the bay is a rubber one with one rather flat extremity, mine is a kind of reinforced canvas with a constant diameter.
Any clue?
Dorchester
Subscribed Member

Unread postby COLVERT » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 pm

You can get all the answers and what you want from the person I've quoted in my post above yours.---- (mgrclub)
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Dorchester » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank you so much @colvert.
But in the meantime I've found it on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Rover-75-1-8-MG- ... 2749.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dorchester
Subscribed Member

Return to Rover 75