MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:54 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Bikers Corner

Excellent bikers corner

This section is for all you motor cycle nut's out there. Or if you like push bikes then this section is also for you.

Unread postby Borg Warner » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Here we go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-Triumph- ... SwVFlT4SqB

I get all excited when I see one of these, especially in that red.

It's a bit of a barge compared to even its contemporaries, but as I'm 6,3 and 14-15 stone we fitted a treat.

At times I get soooooo tempted. With my newish hip I can get me leg over such beasts. Never say never eh?

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Looks a bit of a beast that one. Low mileage for its year though.

The low bars would kill me though. I need to keep my back up pretty straight nowadays.

Over the years the handling of bikes has improved enormously.

The Honda CB 1,000 that I ride is extremely good on the road. It feels much lighter to ride than the Honda 600cc Hornet that I had before.

It does everything well. Fast, slow, whatever you need. It will even wheelie in first and second if you have a mind for it.

Colvert.
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Borg Warner » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:54 pm

It was as you think, not comfortable round town. Ok at at 70+ though, bit heavy in the bends but once there it was rock solid.

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Borg Warner » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Showed it to San, bless her she said why don't you have it?

Stick it in the garage and start a collection, she said.

I thought I could nip over to the west Mids and scare the living daylights out of me big sis when she heard it pull up outside he house and her kid brother standing there in his nice shiny fly spattered leathers.

Dreams reality eh?

Gary M.

PS Once a biker always a biker.
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:57 am

How about the Moto GP this weekend ??

Suzuki won--- (clap) --With Vinales on board. He is really doing well for a newcomer.

Our man, Carl Crutchlow. in second place after getting pole position for the race.-- (BOW)

He is slowly getting to the front against a lot of brilliant riders.
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:18 pm

It is True to say there are SOME bikers without any grey matter.--- :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/linkuptv/vi...5889226786493/
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Dovi won the Moto GP today making that NINE different winners this year,-- (clap)

At least it is making it really interesting even though Marques is already this years champion.

PS --Marq fell off today-------------------Ouch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:41 pm

COLVERT wrote:Are there no bikers out there to post something up on here ??? (shrug) (shrug)

How about these for your bath ??? (clap)

Bump.--------------------- [standard smileys/smiley
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Borg Warner » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Only me mate.

Gary M
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:48 pm

Borg Warner wrote:Only me mate.

Gary M

Hey, Gary.-- (BOW)

When you look at the number of views on this thread it is amazing that there are not many more posts.

Could it be that bikers are shy retiring folk ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:52 pm

Maintenance made quick and simple.

Chain Monkey has been designed to aid anyone needing to check or adjust their drive chain’s tension, simply and correctly. It can be used by DIY maintenance beginners who want to take pride in conducting their own maintenance, while saving time and money in the process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Borg Warner » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:16 am

Started riding in 1978 a Yamaha RD200, progressed as follows:

1979 Honda 400/4 F1

1981 Kawasaki 500/4

1982 Kawasaki 750/4

1989 BMW K75c

1995 Triumph Daytona 1000 (he he he http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C764268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

1999 Triumph Speed Triple 509

2000 -

In '91 San and I went down to Florence on the BM, loved the ride through Europe, the Gotthard Tunnel was an experience. About 3/4's of the way through my fuel light came and so had about 30 miles or so in the tank, more than enough as the tunnel is only around 12-13m long, but nevertheless. We did about 2500m over a fortnight and all the way home it was either dual carriageway/motorway so the issue of getting used to riding on the "right" side of the road didn't arise until we got home. We'd put our dogs in kennels for the holidays and I didn't waste any time in going to get them. As I pulled off the drive I started to drive on the right. Opps.

One reason I've bought the Jag is we would like to to travel Europe again. Would love to see this:

http://experiencenormandy.com/visit-ste-mere-eglise" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As well as the WW1 Cemeteries.

All providing a certain lady's health continues to improve of course, I get to retire in 22 months and Brexit doesn't put too many obstacles in our way.

Gary M.
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby COLVERT » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Xmas 2016--------------------- [xmas-smiley

Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Come on you Biker Lurkers.

SAY SOMETHING.--- (clap)

This thread has had over ELEVEN and a HALF thousand views so there must be something interesting here.-- :lol:

Surely you have something interesting to add to it.

Post here and YOUR words will be read by THOUSANDS of biking enthusiasts.

All you have to do is Kick Start your pen wielding hand and give it some Wellie.--- (BOW)
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:24 pm

If there are any bikers out there still breathing take a look at this lot. YIKES

https://motomatters.com/news/wsbk
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Hondas latest shopping trolley.--- :lol:

At least it could be cos it'll follow you around the supermarket for you to put your goods straight into the panniers.--- :-D

https://www.thebikemarket.co.uk/news/ho ... ncing-bike
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Programming a new HISS ignition key.

programming coding - here is how to do it !!

I tried for a few days trying to find how to do this but only got a threads pretty much guessing on how this might be done (i.e. hold an un-coded key next to HISS unit and turn it on with existing key - does not work!!) also some copied paragraphs out of the Haynes manual which still did not actually say how its done so here we go:

This is specific for the CBR1000RR 06 but should work with all HISS bikes - you just need to find the crank shaft position indicator plug - that's the red one I talk about further down.

1. you MUST have a working key - if not you need a new ECU / keys - damn! Your new key needs to have a chip in it - it is under the shiny Honda sticker on your new key - this can be peeled back so you can check.

2. you need to make up a very simple wire/resistor harness. This will save you about 90 UK pounds!! Get a 1K ohm resistor and 1m of wire. Put the resistor in line on the wire you will use as positive. Get two crocodile clips and attach these to each wire. See later with what i mean by yellow and blue/white wires.

here is a very simple diagram:

clip +ve --------1Kresistor--------------> to the yellow wire

clip -ve ----------------------------------> to the blue/white wire

3. Remove the right mid fairing

4. There is a bank of 4 plastic connectors - unplug the first (red) connector

5. Attach the +ve wire on your home made wire to the yellow wires pin inside the socket some how - I just stripped the wire and carefully plugged it in

6. Attach the -ve wire to the blue/white one in the same way - make sure they are not touching each other in the plug but of course are touching the pins.

7. attach the clips to the positive terminal and to the negative terminal

8. Put the WORKING key into ignition and turn on

9. The HISS LED will come on and stay on

10. Disconnect the positive clip from the battery - HISS LED stays on

11. wait 2 or more seconds - the HISS LED should start flashing four times and repeat this pattern

12. Turn off ignition and remove key

13. Insert your new key - a pattern of four flashes of the LED means the key has coded!

14. Insert your other new keys up to 4 in total and wait for the four flashes (I have heard that's all you can do)

15. You are all done! sweet! Let me know if it helped you out.

NOTE: This method for some reason did not work for me on the first 4 or 5 goes then it all of a sudden worked - I don't know why but it did work in the end so don't give up if it doesn't work first time.
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:27 pm

COLVERT wrote:
Borg Warner wrote:Only me mate.

Gary M

Hey, Gary.-- (BOW)

When you look at the number of views on this thread it is amazing that there are not many more posts.

Could it be that bikers are shy retiring folk ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

New season just about to start. Bikers, grab your keyboard and tell us who you think will rise to the top this year in MOTO-GP---etc.
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Borg Warner » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Too bloody cold over here Col. Even the Jag not moving, the Jeep is the weapon of choice though with the (little bit of) snow we've had.

I'm a member of a Face Ache site covering vintage Japanese motorcycles and have to say it's stirring the juices so to speak. Always fancied an air cooled Z650:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-Z65 ... 0011.m1850

Wouldn't mind getting one that required a mild restoration for my retirement hobby.
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby MrDoodles » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Well after catching up on the 1st round of World Superbike and World Supersport today, can only say that it looks like it won't be like the boring years of late! (mexican wave)

Let's hope that this year's MotoGP which is only 2 weekends away, is half as good! :-o
MrDoodles
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby COLVERT » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:12 pm

MotoGP. Starts today.------- (BOW) (BOW) (BOW)
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby MrDoodles » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:51 pm

COLVERT wrote:MotoGP. Starts today.------- (BOW) (BOW) (BOW)

And three cracking Races! (BOW)

Good to see Vale back on the Podium! (BOW)
MrDoodles
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Great start for the season for Dovy plus our Carl Crutchlow did good too.-- :-D
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby MrDoodles » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:25 pm

COLVERT wrote:Great start for the season for Dovy plus our Carl Crutchlow did good too.-- :-D

Carl Crutchlow? (shrug)

Is that Cal's brother? (shrug) :lol:
MrDoodles
MGR Club Regular

Previous

Return to Bikers Corner