MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

I.C.E.

Digital Antenna

Post all your in car entertainment questions or discussions here

Unread postby nick nick » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Can anyone recommend a good Digital Antenna as the one i got with my entertainment system is pants
Life is a bunch of roses but watch out for the pricks
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Poppy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm

nick nick wrote:Can anyone recommend a good Digital Antenna as the one i got with my entertainment system is pants

i HAVE A GOOD DIGITAL CAMERA IF THAT IS ANY GOOD JOHN.....MAYBE YOU CAN BUY IT WITH ALL THE BLOOMING POINTS YOU HAVE NICKED FROM ME......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poppy

Unread postby nick nick » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Poppy wrote:
nick nick wrote:Can anyone recommend a good Digital Antenna as the one i got with my entertainment system is pants

i HAVE A GOOD DIGITAL CAMERA IF THAT IS ANY GOOD JOHN.....MAYBE YOU CAN BUY IT WITH ALL THE BLOOMING POINTS YOU HAVE NICKED FROM ME......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OHHHHH so you are talking to me ......Ok.....How many points do you want for your camera :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Poppy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 pm

nick nick wrote:
Poppy wrote:

OHHHHH so you are talking to me ......Ok.....How many points do you want for your camera :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

You will see......I have banked all mine now anyway........ You are going to be sooooooooooooooooooo sorry... (clap) (clap) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poppy

Unread postby nick nick » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Poppy wrote:
nick nick wrote:
Poppy wrote:

You will see......I have banked all mine now anyway........ You are going to be sooooooooooooooooooo sorry... (clap) (clap) :lol: :lol: :lol:

To tell you the truth Poppy i was just trying things out.....I give all my points to Lee what i have left is in the bank......But if you insist on making me
sorry your knee length boots and that whip of yours would make me really really sorry :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby Poppy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:01 am

LOL....... Hm? eeeeeeek. :-) Poppy.
Poppy

Unread postby nick nick » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Just been and fitted my new Antenna & guess what............Yep nothing the screen still showing signal strength is only 33% which is the same
as before...So i have to assume if theres a problem its not with the Antenna....Any ideas (shrug)
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 pm

nick nick wrote:Just been and fitted my new Antenna & guess what............Yep nothing the screen still showing signal strength is only 33% which is the same
as before...So i have to assume if theres a problem its not with the Antenna....Any ideas (shrug)

what aerial have you fitted bud and to what unit
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby nick nick » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Mick. wrote:
nick nick wrote:Just been and fitted my new Antenna & guess what............Yep nothing the screen still showing signal strength is only 33% which is the same

what aerial have you fitted bud and to what unit

Hi Mick The unit is one of these Chinese universal units all singing all dancing 7" double din DVD TV SAT NAV SD MP3 etc Ive had it for a year now but the TV has
never worked and as No or Weak signal was always displayed when i turned it on i put that down to our area not going Digital until september this year
So i did a search and found a one on the internet and got intouch with company and asked what i needed they told me and i put it on my Santa list
Its a ANT-536 by Necvox.....When i did the search i looked up some revues on it and came up as a cracking unit it can mounted on the outside of
the vehicle as it has an magnetic base or you can just sit it on the rear shelf and like i said since the signal strength has not improved at all it makes
me believe ive missed something during the installation (shrug)
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:10 am

Have you got a link to it
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby BIG LEK » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:28 am

Hiya John, does the unit have freeview fitted? or is it analogue hence may-be why your not picking up any tv channels (shrug)
(I wish I could fly) membership no-265
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 am

BIG LEK wrote:Hiya John, does the unit have freeview fitted? or is it analogue hence may-be why your not picking up any tv channels (shrug)

yeah i never thought of that, you do have a separate free view receiver for it, the Chinese units need a reciever as do the Dynavin units
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:52 pm

Mick. wrote:
BIG LEK wrote:Hiya John, does the unit have freeview fitted? or is it analogue hence may-be why your not picking up any tv channels (shrug)

yeah i never thought of that, you do have a separate free view receiver for it, the Chinese units need a reciever as do the Dynavin units

having reviewed the aerial in question, looks like a good piece of kit
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby BIG LEK » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Mick. wrote:
Mick. wrote:

It may well bea nice bit of kit but without a freeview connection it ain't going to work lol, (shrug)
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:37 pm

BIG LEK wrote:
Mick. wrote:
Mick. wrote:

It may well bea nice bit of kit but without a freeview connection it ain't going to work lol, (shrug)

i am assuming nick has the freeview box installed
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby BIG LEK » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:43 pm

I can't remember mick but if he hasn't thats his problem lol
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:49 pm

BIG LEK wrote:I can't remember mick but if he hasn't thats his problem lol

sure is mate
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby nick nick » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 am

Mick. wrote:i am assuming nick has the freeview box installed

Lee / Mick The free view is integrated....When i get a min im going to take it out & reinstall it but first im looking at any down loads / upgrades that
may help me out
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 am

nick nick wrote:
Mick. wrote:i am assuming nick has the freeview box installed

Lee / Mick The free view is integrated....When i get a min im going to take it out & reinstall it but first im looking at any down loads / upgrades that
may help me out

hi nick, are you sure it is intergrated, do you have a link to the actual unit
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby BIG LEK » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:52 am

Yeah john whats the make and model of the unit mate (shrug) ;)
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby nick nick » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Right ...Numpty here has sussed it out....I think ..In my excitement to install this all singing all dancing ICE there was a word i missed while reading
about the features the unit had and that word was OPTIONAL (bang head against a wall) ......DVB-T TV OPTIONAL leading me to believe it had freeview built in
So you guys were right all a long.....I need a freeview box (bang head against a wall)

But you have to agree when you read what this ICE has its impressive

Digital TFT LCD Monitor....V6 disc CDC Memory...Picture in Picture....3D Flash Graphical user interface....
DVD / VCD /CD /MP3 /Mempeg4 / DIVX /CD-R /WMA/ JPEG /Duel Zone /Auto rear viewing function/SD /
Built in Bluetooth Built in GPS
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby BIG LEK » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:33 pm

nick nick wrote:Right ...Numpty here has sussed it out....I think ..In my excitement to install this all singing all dancing ICE there was a word i missed while reading
about the features the unit had and that word was OPTIONAL (bang head against a wall) ......DVB-T TV OPTIONAL leading me to believe it had freeview built in
So you guys were right all a long.....I need a freeview box (bang head against a wall)

Digital TFT LCD Monitor....V6 disc CDC Memory...Picture in Picture....3D Flash Graphical user interface....
DVD / VCD /CD /MP3 /Mempeg4 / DIVX /CD-R /WMA/ JPEG /Duel Zone /Auto rear viewing function/SD /

LOL I think I sussed it out (shrug) :lol: :lol: :lol: I had an awfull feeling that you would need a freeview box ive heard some members over on the MGZT Rover 75 OC mention the ones you can get on ebay can't remember the make but I will try and find out ;)
BIG LEK
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 pm

BIG LEK wrote:
nick nick wrote:Right ...Numpty here has sussed it out....I think ..In my excitement to install this all singing all dancing ICE there was a word i missed while reading

LOL I think I sussed it out (shrug) :lol: :lol: :lol: I had an awfull feeling that you would need a freeview box ive heard some members over on the MGZT Rover 75 OC mention the ones you can get on ebay can't remember the make but I will try and find out ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-12v-High-Sp ... 3f1eb90481
the antennai is crap, but you can maker use of the one you bought
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby nick nick » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Mick. wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-12v-High-Sp ... 3f1eb90481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers Mick...My son who bought me the ICE unit for Xmas last year (2011) Has said he will get me the freeview box as its his fault
as he believed everything i needed was in the box when he bought it.....And im not going to argue with that :D
nick nick
Subscribed Member

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 pm

nick nick wrote:
Mick. wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-12v-High-Sp ... 3f1eb90481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers Mick...My son who bought me the ICE unit for Xmas last year (2011) Has said he will get me the freeview box as its his fault
as he believed everything i needed was in the box when he bought it.....And im not going to argue with that :D

(computer geek (computer geek (computer geek (computer geek
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Return to I.C.E.