MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:39 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

I.C.E.

Poor Radio signal solved

Post all your in car entertainment questions or discussions here

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:32 pm

For weeks I have had a poor radio, the 75 range has always had dodgy radio signal, for years I believed it to be a combination of the aerial lead and the fact it uses the rear window heater strip as the aerial.
So I found an afternoon free today, over the last 3 months I have been really busy, some times not sitting down till 8.30 ish, so an afternoon off today, I decided to relax by messing about with Jenny, oooer missus lol
Wifey thought I was bonkers, she said I should sit down with my laptop and watch a few films, she doesn't resize that fiddling with the car is relaxing lol
Anyway, I went to wilkos and got a 5m TV aerial kit and two male aerial plugs
I got an car aerial extender from eBay, was only about 50cm long, I cut the female end off the extender, fitted one of the male plugs to the snipped end.
Then at the window end, the aerial lead goes into an amp which is behind the c pillar trim on the near side.
I snipped that lead and again connected the other female plug to the part wire coming out of the amp, this is a signal amp not a power amp.
This needs doing carefully btw as the inner wires are very thin and fragile.

Connect the burial kit you cot from wilkos, thread it to the front under the roof liner, then down the a pillar inside inside the dashboard, thread it through to the radio and connect it up to the extender lead.
This is what I did and I now have crystal clear reception.
The aerial lead that was factory installed imho is a little flimsy and I am surprised it lasted so long. Fixed for under a fiver and a great afternoon off
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Necessity is the mother of invention.----- (BOW)
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 pm

COLVERT wrote:Necessity is the mother of invention.----- (BOW)

true
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Return to I.C.E.