MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:18 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

I.C.E.

It's a bit rainy out side, but wheres the ICE

Post all your in car entertainment questions or discussions here

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:34 am

so what ICE have you got in your car, dare i post a pic of mine again (mgrclub) (mgrclub) (mgrclub)..............................................oh go on then
It's a Dynavin D99+, with reversing camera, DVD, Satnav, Freeview, bluetooth (Parrot system), Android system, WiFi, but thats nowt really compared with the final thing, Its got flappy birds on it (clap) (clap) makes it an absolute fortune (mgrclub) (mgrclub) (mgrclub)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Blue Club 45 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Sorry to let the side down! Mines the original that came with the car! My ears are not good enough to need better! The CD changer in the boot is really all we need!

We do load the CDs in alternate layers. I'm a Stones/heavy man! Jackie is much more Motown! so it one of hers then one of mine!
Keep The Faith
Blue Club 45

Unread postby Tourerfogey » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Mine is also the original that came with the car when new - Blaupunkt Radio/CD, though this wasn't actually the standard fitment at the time but an upgrade! Standard kit IIRC was a Radio / Cassette!!!!!
It's a K Series . . . . keep topping it up . . . . it'll be fine . . . . . .
Tourerfogey

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 pm

tbh, the oem equipment with upgraded speakers are very good, i had to use my harmony last year or so for a while when the DD unit was in for repair, with the Kenwood and infinity speakers that i have in now, was very very good, really crisp
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby wackyschild » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:58 pm

I've got the original cassette player in mine, no cd changer. I have an adapter I can use with my phone to play music through the radio whilst keeping my phone charged. Works for me :)
wackyschild
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby martyw » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:so what ICE have you got in your car, dare i post a pic of mine again (mgrclub) (mgrclub) (mgrclub)..............................................oh go on then
It's a Dynavin D99+, with reversing camera, DVD, Satnav, Freeview, bluetooth (Parrot system), Android system, WiFi, but tats nowt really compared with the final thing, Its got flappy birds on it (clap) (clap) makes it an absolute fortune (mgrclub) (mgrclub) (mgrclub)

I would have loved to have one of these but I decided it was to expensive for me and built my own.
Regards Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martyw
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:27 pm

built in USB and what is the connection on the right
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby martyw » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi, Its a simple push for off switch connected via wire and solder to the tablets on off switch, so I can turn it off before leaving the car. The small purple led is to show when the tablet is charging.
Regards Marty
martyw
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 pm

martyw wrote:Hi, Its a simple push for off switch connected via wire and solder to the tablets on off switch, so I can turn it off before leaving the car. The small purple led is to show when the tablet is charging.
Regards Marty

wow slow down, so that is a tablet??? not a DD stereo
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby martyw » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Its a tablet, in a DD surround.
Regards
martyw
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby martyw » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi, thought I had better include some more details of how it is connected and what it can do. I actually saw the idea on the 75 and ZT owners club about a year and half ago and decided to have a go at making my own.
I removed the cd changer from the glove box and fitted a stereo radio with aux in, in its place. This is connected to the tablets earphone socket via a suppressed lead using the aux in connector on the radio. The stereo is controlled via a infra-red remote so I can control the on/off without moving from my seat . The volume is controlled via the tablets touch screen or via the stereo its self.
The tablet has a phone built in, although I never use it so I didn't build in a microphone in to the surround. As this tablet is over four and half years old it as a separate charging socket so that allowed me to use the mini usb socket as an extension which I built in to the surround and can now handle up to a 32GB memory stick plus it already as a 32gb micro sd card in the tablet its self so plenty of storage. The DD surround was purchased from a company on ebay and fits perfectly.
The tablet is automatically turned on when the engine is started via the charger which is connected to the 12 volt supply and fixed behind the tablet. To turn it off I press the simple push for off switch until the power off is displayed on the tablet. I had to dismantle the tablet and solder to the tablets motherboard for the on/off switch, charging light and audio output to keep all the wiring within the surround but its been in the car over a year and still works every day.
Hope this is of some interest to someone and if it isn't I apologise.
Regards Marty
martyw
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Michael » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:21 am

Just the bog standard cd/radio, but the 7" satnav is loaded with music and a couple of movies, before you say it, only to be watched from the back seat :-(
Michael

Unread postby Wullie480 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Here's mine pioneer SPH-DA110

Made in Scotland from Girders ><

Cars: 2 x MG ZT CDTi's

MOT & Tax check https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

MG Rover build info: http://mg-rover.info/get_info.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Report potholes,lightening faults etc - http://www.fixmystreet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wullie480
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Wullie480 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Here's mine pioneer SPH-DA110

Made in Scotland from Girders ><

Cars: 2 x MG ZT CDTi's

MOT & Tax check https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

MG Rover build info: http://mg-rover.info/get_info.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Report potholes,lightening faults etc - http://www.fixmystreet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wullie480
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:50 pm

MINE.

Standard German radio and CD player.

My brain is my ICE. Lol.-----I have so much going on in there I don't have time for anything else.--- (clap) (clap) (clap)

I'm a doer rather than a listener to what others are doing. Spectating is boring ; joining in is fun.

Colvert.-- (clap) (clap) (clap)
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Return to I.C.E.