MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:02 am

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

I.C.E.

Vintage stereo, Unfitted

Post all your in car entertainment questions or discussions here

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Just picked up a vintage Goodmans stereo, brand new in box with all paperwork, item was never fitted, i will never fit it but it's a future antique, must be 24 years old, the model number is Goodmans GCE-232QX.
I have had a couple of these in the past, they illuminate orange or green.
when i get chance i will post a pic.
Only paid a fiver for it lol
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:05 pm

The goodmans auto reverse digital tuner that was in the higher spec ex SD1's are very collectable and I was lucky enough to have one in my last of the line 2600's. The sound was excellent and with a huge (for the time) 10 memory digital tuner, this system was considered the best to fit to these cars.

It even had aux in and out if you were handy with a soldering iron

So if yours is anything similar, you have a very good find there, would be worth keeping hold of :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Mal7921 wrote:The goodmans auto reverse digital tuner that was in the higher spec ex SD1's are very collectable and I was lucky enough to have one in my last of the line 2600's. The sound was excellent and with a huge (for the time) 10 memory digital tuner, this system was considered the best to fit to these cars.

So if yours is anything similar, you have a very good find there, would be worth keeping hold of :-)

this is an Argos aftermarket unit, it a pull out, even shows the time wind pulled out lol
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:52 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:
Mal7921 wrote:The goodmans auto reverse digital tuner that was in the higher spec ex SD1's are very collectable and I was lucky enough to have one in my last of the line 2600's. The sound was excellent and with a huge (for the time) 10 memory digital tuner, this system was considered the best to fit to these cars.

this is an Argos aftermarket unit, it a pull out, even shows the time wind pulled out lol

Ooh, wonder if it is the type I fitted to my first SD1... sounds similar. Any pictures?
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Return to I.C.E.