MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:30 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

I.C.E.

Sean DD unit

Post all your in car entertainment questions or discussions here

Unread postby Les4048 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:51 pm

I bought a refurb unit from Sean and what an impressive piece of kit it is. I'd a slight problem finding the ISO plug so e mailed Sean and I'd a reply within minutes. Absolutely fantastic service. I'll definitely buy another one for my 260
Les4048
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Les4048 wrote:I bought a refurb unit from Sean and what an impressive piece of kit it is. I'd a slight problem finding the ISO plug so e mailed Sean and I'd a reply within minutes. Absolutely fantastic service. I'll definitely buy another one for my 260

Did you get the Dynavin or standard DD
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Les4048 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Did you get the Dynavin or standard DD[/quote]

This one :-)

Les4048
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:11 pm

wowee............. How much was that........ (elmo)
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:46 pm

that's the standard dd, great unit, you may want to consider adding a signal booster for the radio, they can be a bit crackley,
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Les4048 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:43 am

Poppy wrote:wowee............. How much was that........ (elmo)

I paid £275 for it Poppy, it's a bloody bargain. It plays music from my i phone, hands free and it paired with i phone no problem. It's got DVD played SD card, mini USB with adaptor cable, reverse camera and sat nav. It's an amazing piece of kit. I e mailed Sean because I couldn't get sat nav to work and I mentioned the camera was for a saloon and within minutes on a Saturday night I'd an e mail explaining what to do along with a link to a video on how to set up the sat nav which works perfectly plus he's swapping the saloon camera for a tourer one. Bloody amazing service :-)
Les4048
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Les4048 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:46 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:that's the standard dd, great unit, you may want to consider adding a signal booster for the radio, they can be a bit crackley,

Seems fine at the moment, no worse than the oem was, remember we are waayyyyyy up in the sticks here so we are used to it lol ;-)
Les4048
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 am

Les4048 wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:that's the standard dd, great unit, you may want to consider adding a signal booster for the radio, they can be a bit crackley,

Seems fine at the moment, no worse than the oem was, remember we are waayyyyyy up in the sticks here so we are used to it lol ;-)

true, but it is well documented that they do have reception issues, BUT, if you can live with that, they are good units. I had two, then went for the Dynavin, what you need now is walnut coverings for the stereo etc
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Les4048 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:20 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:
Les4048 wrote:

true, but it is well documented that they do have reception issues, BUT, if you can live with that, they are good units. I had two, then went for the Dynavin, what you need now is walnut coverings for the stereo etc

Next thing on my to do list is the walnut kit lol
Les4048
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Les4048 wrote:

I paid £275 for it Poppy, it's a bloody bargain. It plays music from my i phone, hands free and it paired with i phone no problem. It's got DVD played SD card, mini USB with adaptor cable, reverse camera and sat nav. It's an amazing piece of kit. I e mailed Sean because I couldn't get sat nav to work and I mentioned the camera was for a saloon and within minutes on a Saturday night I'd an e mail explaining what to do along with a link to a video on how to set up the sat nav which works perfectly plus he's swapping the saloon camera for a tourer one. Bloody amazing service :-)

Wow, would have to do some serious saving for that me thinks... lol. But I would love one..... Are they just plug and play?
Poppy

Unread postby Les4048 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Poppy wrote:
Les4048 wrote:

Wow, would have to do some serious saving for that me thinks... lol. But I would love one..... Are they just plug and play?

Yes they are really Poppy. I'd to search a bit for the BMW connector then fit the adaptor loom then just plug it all in and away it went
Les4048
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Les4048 wrote:
Poppy wrote:
Les4048 wrote:

Yes they are really Poppy. I'd to search a bit for the BMW connector then fit the adaptor loom then just plug it all in and away it went

Is this the iso connector that makes the steering wheel controls work too...... if so, i have one, but it was bought for a Rover 25..... :? Wonder if the pins are the same... (shrug)
Poppy

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Blooming heck...... Look at this one..... :shock: :shock:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Poppy wrote:Blooming heck...... Look at this one..... :shock: :shock:

That is the Dynavin D95, i will take a vid of my D99+
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:
Poppy wrote:Blooming heck...... Look at this one..... :shock: :shock:

That is the Dynavin D95, i will take a vid of my D99+

I that similar to the one Les has.. Itried to look at the units, but of course, no longer on here.... :? 8-) Just something good to play my cd's on..... (shrug)
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Poppy wrote:I that similar to the one Les has.. Itried to look at the units, but of course, no longer on here.... :? 8-) Just something good to play my cd's on..... (shrug)

The one you have posted is made by a company called Dynavin which is a branded product, the one Les has is simply made in China (as is Dynavin) and is unbranded

I am currently uploading a clip of mine, you will see the difference between the D95 and D99.

Les's unit is a great unit, tho, as said to Les, there are issues with the radio reception, if money is not the issue, then the Dynavin is the ultimate unit, but then the standard DD is not cheap by any means
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:
Poppy wrote:I that similar to the one Les has.. Itried to look at the units, but of course, no longer on here.... :? 8-) Just something good to play my cd's on..... (shrug)

The one you have posted is made by a company called Dynavin which is a branded product, the one Les has is simply made in China (as is Dynavin) and is unbranded

I am currently uploading a clip of mine, you will see the difference between the D95 and D99.

Les's unit is a great unit, tho, as said to Les, there are issues with the radio reception, if money is not the issue, then the Dynavin is the ultimate unit, but then the standard DD is not cheap by any means

Are there any other units that fit the R75 apart from Chinese? You know, in the UK? My concern would be that if anything went wrong, a slow boat to China would not seem ideal :? (shrug) (panic)
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 pm

baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Din-DVD-GPS-NAVI-Player-FOR-ROVER-MG-75-Upload-phone-book-Caller-ID-/261060186719?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cc866525f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

depends what you are looking for

Something like what you and Les have in a nutshell......... But in all honesty, I think I would prefer something UK Based in case of problems. The link that you have shown lloks nice, but I don't know anything about Ice..... :?
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Poppy wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Din-DVD-GPS-NAVI-Player-FOR-ROVER-MG-75-Upload-phone-book-Caller-ID-/261060186719?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cc866525f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

depends what you are looking for

Something like what you and Les have in a nutshell......... But in all honesty, I think I would prefer something UK Based in case of problems. The link that you have shown lloks nice, but I don't know anything about Ice..... :?

I think the only way to go is through Sean or purchase a used one really, there is nothing that comes from the UK,
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm

baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi Mick. But the eBay link says that they are UK based? (shrug)
Poppy

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:this aint bad http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koolertron-Navi ... B004INP2NA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this one has to have a plastic surround.... (shrug) I want something that will fit the space.... :? :lol:
Poppy

Unread postby Les4048 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:37 pm

The best way really Poppy is as bbm says, save your pennies and buy a refurbished unit from Sean. He also does easy payments on a new one I think
Les4048
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:43 pm

baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:Here is a demo of my Dynavin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AupAyNR ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow.......What a fantastic demonstration Mick. (BOW) (cheers) That is very impressive.... :shock: I take it that is a more expensive one.... (shrug) It certainly is a state of the art unit.... (BOW) How much was that....?
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Poppy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AupAyNR ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow.......What a fantastic demonstration Mick. (BOW) (cheers) That is very impressive.... :shock: I take it that is a more expensive one.... (shrug) It certainly is a state of the art unit.... (BOW) How much was that....?

they cost £900+ (getmecoat) (getmecoat) now you can see why i wanted my D95 fixing which cost £700 ish (shrug) (shrug) Sean sent me the upgraded one as a replacement.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:
Poppy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AupAyNR ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they cost £900+ (getmecoat) (getmecoat) now you can see why i wanted my D95 fixing which cost £700 ish (shrug) (shrug) Sean sent me the upgraded one as a replacement.

WHAT........ :shock: My car ain't worth that much......eek. :? :lol: There is no way I could afford something of that ilk...... (shrug) (getmecoat) 8-)
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Poppy wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:
Poppy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AupAyNR ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHAT........ :shock: My car ain't worth that much......eek. :? :lol: There is no way I could afford something of that ilk...... (shrug) (getmecoat) 8-)

it all set off with trade ins, from my first DD, added some dosh and trade in, got my next one and so fourth
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:52 pm

I would have to t from scratch as I have nothing to trade in.... :lol: I will have to look into the models and the prices....
Poppy

Unread postby RadioGuy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Poppy , / BBM and Les !

thanks Les ! they are great units ,
But wait til you see the NEWE Android about to be introduced ! And the Deal I will be offering

AS for RADIO RECEPTION , we have narrowed it down to the Car Aerials. Not the head units. It has been a puzzling problem, when we bench test , radio reception is perfect. When they go inSOME cars it deteriorates or fails. then we get it back and it is perfect again ! It has to do with the rear aerial and the rear window defrost being tied into the same box, in SOME cars (maybe 1 in 50), there are issues. We are working on a solution and Jeff has it well in hand. He also installed a seperate antenna. Some cars actually got BETTER reception when our units went in ! Go figure ! It is all down to the condition of the Aerials and the functionality of the MG R System

Hey Poppy ! On our new website www.75andzt.com , there is a nice , reconditioned unit

Cheers !

Sean
Come visit our Shop here on the FORUM !

RadioGuy
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm

RadioGuy wrote:Hi Poppy , / BBM and Les !

thanks Les ! they are great units ,
But wait til you see the NEWE Android about to be introduced ! And the Deal I will be offering
Cheers !

Sean

new unit, you are kidding me???????? well don't be advertising it to me (getmecoat) (getmecoat) (getmecoat) (getmecoat) (getmecoat)
I hate it when he does that, i settle into my lovely new unit, then he comes out with it, we have a new unit coming out :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It all starts with them few words,

we have a new stereo up for sale (hehethwump) (hehethwump) (hehethwump) (hehethwump) (hehethwump) (getmecoat) (getmecoat) (getmecoat)
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:03 pm

baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi Mick. I do not know much about stereo's or the like........Still trying to work out how to plug my grannies wind up gramophone in..... :? (shrug) Is this unit a CD / DVD player? How do I go on with my CD changer? (shrug) (shrug)
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Poppy wrote:

Hi Mick. I do not know much about stereo's or the like........Still trying to work out how to plug my grannies wind up gramophone in..... :? (shrug) Is this unit a CD / DVD player? How do I go on with my CD changer? (shrug) (shrug)

This is dvd, plays cd's too, but will make your changer defunct, you can load all your cd's onto dvd in mp3 format, or load em onto mem card
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Baconbuttyman wrote:
Poppy wrote:

This is dvd, plays cd's too, but will make your changer defunct, you can load all your cd's onto dvd in mp3 format, or load em onto mem card

So in reality......It is a DVD player and not a stereo? Although it will play CD's, it is not really for that....Is that right? (shrug)
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Poppy wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:
Poppy wrote:

So in reality......It is a DVD player and not a stereo? Although it will play CD's, it is not really for that....Is that right? (shrug)

no, it's a car stereo that plays both, which ever you want to use,
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby mi2540 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Not sure which model you referring to but MGR Win CE has sat nav FM/AM Bluetooth for your phone hands free calls USB to for mp3 as well as connecting to reversing camera & freeview tv (both optional add ons ) so poppy its all singing all dancing if you like that sort of thing :)
mi2540
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:38 pm

mi2540 wrote:Not sure which model you referring to but MGR Win CE has sat nav FM/AM Bluetooth for your phone hands free calls USB to for mp3 as well as connecting to reversing camera & freeview tv (both optional add ons ) so poppy its all singing all dancing if you like that sort of thing :)

Hiya. Well with the recent problems again with my car, I have decided to keep my symphony.........So just foot tapping for me at the moment... :? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Poppy wrote:
mi2540 wrote:Not sure which model you referring to but MGR Win CE has sat nav FM/AM Bluetooth for your phone hands free calls USB to for mp3 as well as connecting to reversing camera & freeview tv (both optional add ons ) so poppy its all singing all dancing if you like that sort of thing :)

Hiya. Well with the recent problems again with my car, I have decided to keep my symphony.........So just foot tapping for me at the moment... :? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good units, not to be underestimated
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby rover54 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Don't buy a second hand Dynavin (D95,D99 or D99+) unit, stick to WinCE or the newer Android units.
T4 Map
How to get home if clutch hydraulics have failed
T4 meets

Rover 75 SE V6 Royal Blue, Rover 75 V6 Contemporary SE Firefrost ,Rover 75 SE Platinum Gold and the baby, 1.8NA Cimarron Green

rover54
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:01 am

rover54 wrote:Don't buy a second hand Dynavin (D95,D99 or D99+) unit, stick to WinCE or the newer Android units.

Why????mine was a used d99+ and ts android
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:04 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:
rover54 wrote:Don't buy a second hand Dynavin (D95,D99 or D99+) unit, stick to WinCE or the newer Android units.

errrrrrrrr, And iirc Mick..... You had problems with it? (shrug) (shrug)
Poppy

Unread postby rover54 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:26 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:

I have them, nothing but trouble. GPS takes ages to find satellites which I understand is a software issue.

There isn't any support for them, if they go wrong, you are on your own.

Replacing them with newer Android units.
T4 Map
T4 meets

Rover 75 SE V6 Royal Blue, Rover 75 V6 Contemporary SE Firefrost ,Rover 75 SE Platinum Gold and the baby, 1.8NA Cimarron Green

rover54
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Poppy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:29 am

rover54 wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:

I have them, nothing but trouble. GPS takes ages to find satellites which I understand is a software issue.

Hm. Not a system, but a walnut steering wheel I bought....... $300. :-( :-(
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:40 am

rover54 wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:

My satellite works well tbh, I bought mine from sean and I get replies quick enough but any technical issues I ask coolcat (Jeff) for advice etc and I get the answers, sometimes qwickerthan sean
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby rover54 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:31 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:
rover54 wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:

My satellite works well tbh, I bought mine from sean and I get replies quick enough but any technical issues I ask coolcat (Jeff) for advice etc and I get the answers, sometimes qwickerthan sean

You appear to be lucky, like you I purchased mine from Sean and have had problems. Jeff has told me that it is a software problem and Dynavin won't provide any upgrades. Jeff isn't very complimentary about these units and has had many returns; the units don't have a good reputation throughout the Rover world. The latest Android units are far superior so I am getting rid of my old head units.
T4 Map
T4 meets

rover54
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:13 pm

rover54 wrote:.

That said, my dvd drive has started playing up, must try a clean disk
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Wullie480 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:33 pm

I did consider one of these when I was looking for a new head unit but decided I wanted something more upto date.
I'm more than happy with my choice after reading several threads on issues with these units.
I have an opinion on them but I'll keep it to myself.
Made in Scotland from Girders ><

Cars: 2 x MG ZT CDTi's

MOT & Tax check https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

MG Rover build info: http://mg-rover.info/get_info.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Report potholes,lightening faults etc - http://www.fixmystreet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wullie480
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:34 pm

Wheat did you get in the end wullie

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Next

Return to I.C.E.