MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

I.C.E.

Annoying problem on my android stereo...sorted

Post all your in car entertainment questions or discussions here

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Had a really annoying problem on the Android unit i got from RadioGuy a while back, The stereo over all is 100% better than the chinese dd.
Any way, when listening to the stereo the screen kept scrolling sidways to the reversing camera screen, so i detatched the reversing camera, that didnt work, rewired the camera connections, that didnt work, then Harry suggested it may be the reversing switch that is at fault, so i detatched the reversing wires from the stereo, that worked, so sourcing the problem with the stereo i actually found a problem with the reversing switch under the wing liner.
so i will get to that if i can this week.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm

well i installed the new sensor and..... the problem is still there, so i have thought laterally, i have installed a cut off switch. when the problem arises, simply click the switch to disconnect the camera, not ideal, but seems to work, see the pic, the switch was all i had at the time, but have ordered another on that suits the look better.

baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:56 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:well i installed the new sensor and..... the problem is still there, so i have thought laterally, i have installed a cut off switch. when the problem arises, simply click the switch to disconnect the camera, not ideal, but seems to work, see the pic, the switch was all i had at the time, but have ordered another on that suits the look better.

all now in hand by Mr Radioguy
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Poppy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:04 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:Had a really annoying problem on the Android unit i got from RadioGuy a while back, The stereo over all is 100% better than the chinese dd.
Any way, when listening to the stereo the screen kept scrolling sidways to the reversing camera screen, so i detatched the reversing camera, that didnt work, rewired the camera connections, that didnt work, then Harry suggested it may be the reversing switch that is at fault, so i detatched the reversing wires from the stereo, that worked, so sourcing the problem with the stereo i actually found a problem with the reversing switch under the wing liner.
so i will get to that if i can this week.

Who would have thought that hey? Reversing switch affecting the radio? eek. :?
Poppy

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 am

reversing switch was changed poppy, no difference. I think it's a issue with the unit, as soon as i disconnect the revers wire on the unit, problem is solved, so thats where i got the idea for the work around. oh pm sent Poppy
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby MrDoodles » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am

I did look at one of these units last year for Ed, as they do look like they offer good value for money.

However, I've read too many stories about problems with them, both here and elsewhere and the lack of back-up with them, to put me off buying one.

I think the old adage; "If something looks too good to be true, it probably is" fits these nicely! :(

Free vehicle valuations available to Club Members by PM!
MrDoodles
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:33 am

MrDoodles wrote:I did look at one of these units last year for Ed, as they do look like they offer good value for money.

However, I've read too many stories about problems with them, both here and elsewhere and the lack of back-up with them, to put me off buying one.

I think the old adage; "If something looks too good to be true, it probably is" fits these nicely! :(

Dont get me wrong, these units are decent units, with better speakers in the car, they sound well too, it's just this rolling problem, yes I worked around it, I shouldnt have had to do that though, wether I would have returned the unit ,I dont know, as the work around works well, it's just the lack of input fromith him Sean I am disapointed with, I always thought I had a good relationship with him
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby RadioGuy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Mick

I have not been here to know the problem existed ! I wish you would have emailed me ! I Would have at least tried to find a solution. You know me better than that !
Come visit our Shop here on the FORUM !

RadioGuy
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 pm

RadioGuy wrote:Mick

I have not been here to know the problem existed ! I wish you would have emailed me ! I Would have at least tried to find a solution. You know me better than that !

Ok, i have now been in contact with Sean, it seems he didn't get my emails and didn't know about the fault, he is now looking into it for me, so all is well that ends well, at the end of the day, I have always had good service from Radioguy, had 4 units, the 3rd was faulty and was replaced with my current unit with no fuss, this is why i was surprised at the lack of response, but as he didn't know about it cos my mails went astray or he missed them, then he wouldn't of responded, would he, any way, thanks Sean for looking for a more suitable solution.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby RadioGuy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 am

Hi Mick , I wasn't getting any emails. I am very sorry, had I been aware I would have been on it.
It is a unique problem... But of course you seem to have a certain "uniqueness" about you ! hehehehe
So Mick , to summarize you ordered a new reversing Switch and The problem i still there

Was it working fine Before ?
If I Understand whats happening, when in reverse, the Picture is sliding to one side ?
This is happening ONLY When in Reverse camera mode?

Sean
Come visit our Shop here on the FORUM !

RadioGuy
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 am

RadioGuy wrote:Hi Mick , I wasn't getting any emails. I am very sorry, had I been aware I would have been on it.
It is a unique problem... But of course you seem to have a certain "uniqueness" about you ! hehehehe
So Mick , to summarize you ordered a new reversing Switch and The problem i still there

Was it working fine Before ?
If I Understand whats happening, when in reverse, the Picture is sliding to one side ?
This is happening ONLY When in Reverse camera mode?

Sean

new reversing switch installed, the problem was there before new switch and still there after, the problem happens when in cd/radio/mem card mode, not in android mode or reversing mode. just the initial 3, the problem has been there for about 4-5 months, wasn't there when i first got the unit in Feb, so worked ok for the first 3 months, the problem got worse, rolling from right to left constantly at times, the only way to stop it is the cut off switch i installed, which works well by the way, a good work around
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Return to I.C.E.