MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MG-Rover OC General Discussion Forum

What have you done to your car today???

This section is for general MG Rover discussion

Unread postby poacher72 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 am

Mavmaddock wrote:I purchased some products to prepare my Rover 75 for winter, namely: Clay bar. Shampoo and Wax. Now all I need is a dry day and bags of energy. I must admit to being spurred on by a good looking lady who complimented me on my car. If I had known that owning a Rover 75 attracted comments from good looking ladies I would have bought one in 1999 or when ever they first came out. lol :-D

Could be a new craze good looking ladies looking for male Rover owners ;-) (mexican wave)
poacher72

Unread postby Michael » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 am

I gave a lift into town to an elderly lady the other week, as she got out she said "I think the mayor has one of these cars" (BOW)
Michael

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 pm

Mavmaddock wrote:I purchased some products to prepare my Rover 75 for winter, namely: Clay bar. Shampoo and Wax. Now all I need is a dry day and bags of energy. I must admit to being spurred on by a good looking lady who complimented me on my car. If I had known that owning a Rover 75 attracted comments from good looking ladies I would have bought one in 1999 or when ever they first came out. lol :-D

Somehow you slipped past me.--- ;-)

Welcome to the forum.----- (mgrclub)
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Unread postby Neallew » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:20 am

changed both rear cylinders and brake shoes - bleed brakes and lubricated rear suspension. didnt have time to lub front so thats next on the list.
Neallew
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 am

Neallew wrote:changed both rear cylinders and brake shoes - bleed brakes and lubricated rear suspension. didnt have time to lub front so thats next on the list.

It's an old beasty you have there and needs some TLC.---- :-D
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Unread postby Neallew » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:35 am

Yepp and as i dont have the full history of what was done when will need to work my way thru the service checklist methodically.... To be fair its in pretty good nick and the previous owner won best mg saloon in tatton park with it....
Neallew
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Borg Warner » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:07 pm

As it's been so long how are the cars doing?

Jag. The heated front screen did not work, guess it was like it when I bought it. Did some research on it and its not uncommon for them to fail. A Jag replacement was some £500 notes just for the screen, Autoglass wanted £400 fitted (nope did not entertain the insurance option as it was not damaged). My local garage quoted me <£200 fitted so chose that option. All good It needed a new battery last summer, Jag's are somewhat susceptible to low volts, so that was changed. It was on its original 12 year old one so not too bad. Put some brighter bulbs in it, not as bad as the ZT for swapping but nearly. Other than that so far so good.

Jeep. It's a laugh. Love it. Well until it need a new clutch and DMF. Ouch. Changed the fluids in the rear diif as they are susceptible to old oil, also did the g/box. The auxiliary belt was doing its chirping thing a new belt and fluid cured that. Being a north-south engine it's a doddle to work on. It wouldn't start the other week, wouldn't even turnover. Checked battery and it was a little low, so placed it on charge overnight and it was fine for a couple of days. It then failed to start again, same symptoms. Now the Jeep O/C's clubs are a little lethargic to say the least on technical issues, so a general trawl of the tinterweb is order of the day if you want to find anything out. It came down to either the clutch interlock switch - you need to depress the clutch pedal to start, or it was the ignition switch actuator. As the latter was the easiest to get to I checked that out first. Lo and behold it was broken. It's made of cast aluminum as the say across the pond and it snapped were it enters the ignition switch (as opposed to the ignition barrel). Thankfully relatively cheep fix. However to gain access to it needed a set of security Torxs tools which thankfully I had. Bigger than the Hippo inside so trips to the tip are easier.

Good to be back.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner

Previous

Return to MG-Rover OC General Discussion Forum