MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

Welcome new members, introduce your self here

Welcome all new members

Welcome to your forums, Thanks for taking the time to visit, you are invited to take a look about, you will undoubtedly see some familiar names here, dont just pop in and out, take the time to say Hi, contribute to the thread's. Maybe tell us how you found us.?You never know, you may like it here lol

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:03 am

Hi guys, this is a section of the club which has been neglected in the recent past, i intend to resurrect.
I apologize for the neglect i have shown this area, so today, will draw a line under it and move on, start over
but here is a general welcome to all those i have missed.

download.jpg

First of all, is our shop, in here you can buy our keyrings, t-shirts and other items, check out this link to take a look.
http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=264

We have our own news letter that is produced every 2 months and is free to download, this has evolved into a jam packed bi monthly magazine and all back issues are available through this link.
http://mgr-forums.com/phpbb/viewforum.p ... 42d10b9e54

Lastly we have an extensive How To section, this can be accessed here and we are building up a tools library
viewforum.php?f=91

Many thanks for taking the time to read this
Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Borg Warner » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Hello all.

Get posting.

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner
Subscribed Member

Unread postby fosky4 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:14 pm

just come here to say hello to all not long joined the forum.
fosky4
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby Mal7921 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello and welcome :) do feel free to look around but remember that the more you post, the more things open up on the forum itself.

Any questions, feel free to ask
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby Michael » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:31 pm

This forum with it's first class advice has saved me a fortune over the years, and I'm very grateful for that thanks to all. (mgrclub) (mexican wave) (mgrclub)
Have a trip down memory lane at my website.
PastReunited.com
Rover 75 a touch of class for a classy car.
Michael
Subscribed Member

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Michael wrote:This forum with it's first class advice has saved me a fortune over the years, and I'm very grateful for that thanks to all. (mgrclub) (mexican wave) (mgrclub)
/De rien.---------- :-D
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Ztez63 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Hello all, newbie Terry here, from Stoke.On.Trent, Staffs (Potteries).
First of all thank you to admin for letting me join.
I found you on MG Rover parts Facebook page and thought this is the kind of club I want.
I own a ZT 160+ 2002 in red with grey interior. It's on 83 thousand now so still pretty low miles, and it's genuine as I have all the mot's to prove it
I have only owned it for a few months and love it.
I have just done all the cam belts and a full service, spending around £400, I have never spent that money on a car before!
I am on a similar owners club for Reliant Scimitar as I have one of those too, and a Shogun 2.8td
Classic cars are my thing really but always wanted a Rover 75 Touring, I think they are beautiful cars. I sold a Rover 216SE 1987 that was in very nice condition for one of those to buy the ZT and haven't regretted it one bit so far.
I can't figure out how to upload a photo or two yet sorry
Anyway that's enough drivel for now, I hope to be back soon.
Thanks again
Terry
(mgrclub)
Ztez63
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby connoissuer steve » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:02 pm

Hello From Portsmouth! As you might have guessed my name is Steve. I have been living in dear old Portsmouth for five years. Having spent many years thinking about it, I finally bought a Rover 45 2.0 V6 Connoissuer in Wedgewood Blue last year. And I have to say that I'm love love lovin it! Infact it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. And joining the MG Rover Owners Club is the next obvious move. I joined a few months ago, and its my bad for not introducing myself faster. When I joined, it said that I would get a membership card, and window sticker. I have seen on quite a few Rovers, a very splendid front grille badge. I am just wondering if these are still available? If they are not, I'm sure my 45 will be just as pleased to wear the window sticker! Take care everyone :-D
connoissuer steve
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby COLVERT » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Welcome to the forum.--- (mgrclub)

Mick or Mal. A question here for you to reply to.--- :-D
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:17 pm

COLVERT wrote:Welcome to the forum.--- (mgrclub)

Mick or Mal. A question here for you to reply to.--- :-D

BUMP------------------------------ :lol:
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Mal7921 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Ztez63 wrote:Hello all, newbie Terry here, from Stoke.On.Trent, Staffs (Potteries).
First of all thank you to admin for letting me join.
I found you on MG Rover parts Facebook page and thought this is the kind of club I want.
I own a ZT 160+ 2002 in red with grey interior. It's on 83 thousand now so still pretty low miles, and it's genuine as I have all the mot's to prove it
I have only owned it for a few months and love it.
I have just done all the cam belts and a full service, spending around £400, I have never spent that money on a car before!
I am on a similar owners club for Reliant Scimitar as I have one of those too, and a Shogun 2.8td
Classic cars are my thing really but always wanted a Rover 75 Touring, I think they are beautiful cars. I sold a Rover 216SE 1987 that was in very nice condition for one of those to buy the ZT and haven't regretted it one bit so far.
I can't figure out how to upload a photo or two yet sorry
Anyway that's enough drivel for now, I hope to be back soon.
Thanks again
Terry
(mgrclub)

HI and welcome to the club :)

I'm sure there was a step by step somewhere that showed how to upload pictures on the forum, but I could be imagining it.

For a new topic, and a reply in full editor mode (NOT quick reply) towards the bottom of the screen there is the Save draft, Preview and Submit buttons and just below those is a box with 2 tabs, options and Upload attachment. Click on Upload attachment to see the upload options:

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 20.16.08.jpg

Browse to the picture you want to upload, then once you have selected it, click on Add the file. You will then be presented with this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 20.17.54.jpg

Make sure you put your cursor where you want the image to be in the main text area, if you want to you can add a file comment, but once you have the cursor where you want your image in your main text, click Place Inline and you will see a line like this one in your text:

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 20.22.18.jpg

And that's it/ If you have more images, repeat the steps until all images are uploaded, then click Submit :)

Just remember that the submit button is below the image(s), like this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 20.23.50.jpg

AND... Each time you upload an image, the cursor goes back to the beginning of your message (Hence making sure you put the cursor where you want your image to appear)

Hope that helps :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:12 pm

connoissuer steve wrote:Hello From Portsmouth! As you might have guessed my name is Steve. I have been living in dear old Portsmouth for five years. Having spent many years thinking about it, I finally bought a Rover 45 2.0 V6 Connoissuer in Wedgewood Blue last year. And I have to say that I'm love love lovin it! Infact it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. And joining the MG Rover Owners Club is the next obvious move. I joined a few months ago, and its my bad for not introducing myself faster. When I joined, it said that I would get a membership card, and window sticker. I have seen on quite a few Rovers, a very splendid front grille badge. I am just wondering if these are still available? If they are not, I'm sure my 45 will be just as pleased to wear the window sticker! Take care everyone :-D

[size=200][/

MAL. -----You missed the one I BUMPED>------- :lol: size]
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Also half the letter sizes are not working and very often the colours too.--- (bang head against a wall)

AND I have to Log In every time I visit the forum, which is every day.--- (shrug)

Even after I ask it to log me in automatically every time I look in. It just ignores my request. ( For the last three months now.----)
Live long and prosper.

COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby Mal7921 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Yeah...

A couple of things have changed since the server move and logging in was the first thing I noticed.

Not noticed with the text size, though there really was only 2 sizes.

From a login view, that now appears to be a server side setting, though I don't offhand know which
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:47 pm

COLVERT wrote:
connoissuer steve wrote:Hello From Portsmouth! As you might have guessed my name is Steve. I have been living in dear old Portsmouth for five years. Having spent many years thinking about it, I finally bought a Rover 45 2.0 V6 Connoissuer in Wedgewood Blue last year. And I have to say that I'm love love lovin it! Infact it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. And joining the MG Rover Owners Club is the next obvious move. I joined a few months ago, and its my bad for not introducing myself faster. When I joined, it said that I would get a membership card, and window sticker. I have seen on quite a few Rovers, a very splendid front grille badge. I am just wondering if these are still available? If they are not, I'm sure my 45 will be just as pleased to wear the window sticker! Take care everyone :-D

[size=200][/

MAL. -----You missed the one I BUMPED>------- :lol: size]

Not sure on the grille badges, Mick may well be able to answer that one though
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Return to Welcome new members, introduce your self here